Where the hell is life going? I mean I have never planned on blogging every single day, but the time lapses in my blogs are becoming bigger and bigger until I most likely forget my password and username and then that’s that. No, not really, but that’s what it feels like. It doesn’t feel like a week since I last posted, and I honestly cannot even tell you what has happened in the last week, because I simply either do not care, or do not remember. I don’t know which one it is!
What I can tell you is this:
1. I am in the 7th week of pregnancy no. 2. I no longer feel pregnant, and my paranoia regarding this feeling is playing heavily on my emotions. My tummy is still swollen, so I hope I am just being paranoid.
2. My daughter was really ill last week; she had roseola (kiddie measles) the week before and our GP said that it obviously knocked her immune system, so the flu that she caught really hit her bad. It was really scary seeing her all pale and lethargic, not eating, just lying on the couch doing nothing. Not even making a single peep. But she’s on the mend, and is, I’d say, 95% better.
3. I wrote my first exam towards my diploma. There were questions that I answered as a complete thumb suck, and some questions where I did actually know the answers. I’m confident that I passed, and quite honestly that’s all I care about. I should get my results next week, hopefully.
4. I’ve entered the Waterfall Superspar Forest 10, happening THIS SUNDAY! My GP said that I could still run, just as long as I take it easy. I really did want to break the 1 hour mark on my 10km this year, but I’m not going to push it. If I walk, I walk. But I will finish 🙂
5. I’ve entered the Totalsports Ladies 10km race, happening on the 20th of July. I entered this race last year, but 3 days before the race, I caught the flu and so didn’t run. As mentioned in point 4, as long as I finish the race in the allotted time, that’s all I care about.
6. My daughter smugly announced yesterday morning that she was no longer having a Doc McStuffins party when she turns 5, but rather a Rapunzel (Tangled) party. I think that has something to do with the Frozen princess party that she went to 2 weekends ago. Thank goodness that the Doc McStuffins goodies that I had asked for a quote on, weren’t actually ordered… As her birthday is in 4 months time, I’d best get planning.
7. The husband is away tonight, for the first time since his attempted hijacking last July. It sucks.
8. 2 of my 3 female rabbits gave birth within a week of each other; the first litter’s eyes are all open, and they’re running around and are just too damn cute. It was a small litter this time, only 4 and all white. But sooooo cute! The other litter has about 6-7 babies, and their eyes should be open by the end of this weekend. When we rescued Mommy Bunny, she was already pregnant. Now a female bunny is only supposed to be pregnant for 28 days; she was pregnant for over 2 months. Maybe rabbits can hold it in? Thank god the same doesn’t apply to human beings!
9. My performance appraisal was 2 weeks ago, and let’s just say that it was a good year 🙂 My boss is very happy with my performance, and hopefully that shows when it’s time for our annual increase, which we are informed of in September, effective October. With no 2 on the way, every extra cent helps!
10. Personal income tax season started today, and yes, I have already submitted my return. As always, the tax man hates me, and thus owes me money. The sad thing is that 90% of the money that I’m getting back is going straight into a friend’s bank account, to pay back a large loan that I took in April this year. But I asked for the loan, using my tax refund as payment, and I’m a woman of my word. If it wasn’t for that loan in April, I have no idea how I would have made it.
So from not actually knowing what the hell has gone down in the last few days or even weeks, that’s quite a bit of news.
But I’ll let you get back to your REALLY interesting lives.
PS: keep an eye out for my sanity – it’s around here somewhere.