somewhere, life happened

It’s been a slightly crazy week and a bit. My emotions have been all over the show, my stress levels have reached some pretty impressive highs, and I even ended up in my gynae’s rooms on Thursday afternoon due to a major mild panic as I hadn’t felt the bottom baby move in almost 2 days. Oh, I had also PHONED my gynae at his HOUSE on Wednesday night due to all of the pains and weirdness that I was feeling, and due to the fact that I had convinced myself that something was wrong. Anyway, he gave me the all clear; both babies are strong and healthy with good solid heartbeats, and he explained to me that my body will and is reacting differently this time around, as there are 2 little people in me, not just 1. He also gave me strict instructions to take it easy, and rest as much as possible, and booked me off work for Friday. Well, after the husband dropped me off at home, he was pottering around, checking his emails etc and I made myself comfy on the couch. I woke up about 3 hours later, feeling a lot better and I realised just how stressed I have been, and how it has affected me and this pregnancy negatively.

The husband standing in awe, looking at his new car :)
The husband standing in awe, looking at his new car 🙂

On a happier note, something big happened last week… If you remember I was quite down in the dumps about the car finance that we thought we had, but in actual fact didn’t have. Well, the universe decided to deal us a fair hand, and last Monday I received the call from the car dealership that would change our lives; the husband was approved for car finance! 100% approved and validated, no threat of it being cancelled, fully approved! But with the good news came the ‘other’ news; we needed quite a hefty deposit, which we didn’t have. Right up until Friday morning we didn’t have the deposit, and the reason this was a problem, is that the car finance deal expired at the close of business on Friday afternoon, being month end! Anyway, the husband made a plan, and off we went to the car dealership, and just before 15h00 on Friday afternoon, I drove out with our ‘new’ second hand car! (He couldn’t drive it out because I’m not insured on his company car – haha!) The stress of not knowing if we would be able to secure a deposit I feel also contributed to what happened on Thursday to me, but just the wave of relief and happiness that washed over me when I drove out of that dealership, just reassured me that this nightmare is over. It was exactly 3 months (to the day) since my accident and when we took delivery of our new car. 3 months having to rely on others, being dependant on others, and not knowing if we would ever have our own car again. I am so very grateful to everyone who helped me out, from family to friends, but I really do hope that nothing like what happened EVER happens again!

My little family
My little family

In other news, the princess turned 5 2 Sunday’s ago… 5 people! She had a Tangled party, and even dressed as Rapunzel. Even though at that point, the husband and I still didn’t have any positive news regarding the car finance, and had no idea what we were actually going to do, we refused to let any of that negatively and uncertainly interfere with her special day. While I won’t spam you with a zillion pics of her party (I really do think that there were close on a zillion) I will post just 1 photo, as it just clearly sums up my little family.



5 Replies to “somewhere, life happened”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s