I mostly write whatever rubbish exits from brain via my mouth, so to be nominated for a blog award that has the word ‘inspiring’ in it, is pretty cool with me 🙂
I have honestly never thought of myself as inspiring, rather as someone who just tries her best to say it like it is, all of the time. It’s not always easy, as being a softie by nature, I absolutely hate hurting people, but when pushed beyond my limits, the bitchiness is strong in me! And the bitchiness is always at its strongest where my family are concerned, ESPECIALLY my daughter.
Ok, here are the rules for this blogging award:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
Ok, so here it goes; 7 facts about moi…
- I don’t like the dark. At 28 years old, I still have a night light, and only at about 3am every morning do I turn it off.
- I have an EXTREMELY overactive imagination. I think that’s why I still have a night light.
- I scare really easily. I become absorbed completely in whatever I do, that someone just has to say boo!, or touch me on the shoulder and you’d swear I’d seen a ghost. It’s quite pathetic really.
- I have 3 favourite junk foods; Cheas Naks, Creme Soda and Nikki Bars. All made in good old South Africa, and whenever I’m having a really crappy day, they always make me feel better. Well, any junk food in general does that I suppose, but those 3 are my favourites 😉
- I have 3 siblings, but am an only child. My parents divorced when I was 10 months old (hallelujah – I still say it was the drugs of the ’80’s that got them together in the first place 😉 ) and both remarried; my mom had 2 children with my stepdad, and my father had 1 child with my now former step-mom.
- Over the years, I have gone from a social butterfly, to happily sitting at home the whole weekend, quite content with doing nothing. Yes, maybe I’m wasting my life, but it’s my life and I like doing nothing. If I can do it at home, I will.
- They say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit; hell at least I have some wit then! My sense of humour is often seen as insulting and offensive, when I honestly don’t mean it that way. I just tend to say it like it is, or just say it without thinking!!! What generally gets me out of trouble is the look of absolute horror on my own face, and the fact that I slap my hand over my mouth so quickly, not even believing what I’ve just said.
And now, to nominate 15 other bloggers. Wow, that’s like, a whole lotta work. Oh wait, I didn’t mention in my facts that I am EXTREMELY lazy. Like I even shock myself at how lazy I am. I really do follow such awesome bloggers (like duh) so I’ll see what I can rustle up here…
- Drinking Tips for Teens
- Outlaw Mama
- Not a Punk Rocker
- Cee’s Photography
- Whispers of a Barefoot Med Student
- The Blessed Barrenness
- A Little Bit of Lee
- Mommy Man
- cupcakes and sailors
- The Jolly Jammer
Ok, if you think that I’m now going to go to all 15 of those blogs (again) to tell them that they’ve been nominated, you obviously don’t know me at all! Hopefully they see the referrals under their stats, and if not, meh. Doesn’t really phase me.
I couldn’t find the award picture, so this will just have to do…