Earlier this week, I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Reinvention of Mama which is a little similar to the Sunshine Award that my friend Jane Tennet nominated me for last year. Even though the 2 awards are similar, I’ve decided to go ahead and answer the 10 questions that Mama asked, and then I’m going to try and think of 10 of my own questions to ask! But, instead of nominating my favourite bloggers, I’d like YOU, my readers to answer. And if you don’t want to answer all of the questions, that’s ok. And if you don’t want to answer any of the questions, well that’s ok too 🙂 Here we go:
1. Do you write full-time? If so, how did you decide to take the leap of faith and go for it? If not, what would it take to make you confident enough to take that leap?
No, I sadly don’t write full time. Writing has always been a strong force in my life, for as long as I can remember. I tend to come up with these awesome ideas, and then when I put pen to paper, I go blank! I don’t think that I’d ever write full time; I would like to write my book 1 day, but in my own time, with no deadlines.
2. What’s your favorite type of writing? Blogging? Novels?
At the moment, I’m really enjoying blogging. I have started a few novels, and never got past the first chapter 😦 But one day…
3. What’s your all-time favorite book?
Oh my gosh, I can’t name just one! There are too many phenomenal books out there to have just one favourite 🙂 I enjoy fantasy, comedy, biographies and autobiographies. I stay away from horror and thrillers though; my imagination is way too overactive for those genres!
4. What music do you listen to while writing?
If I don’t have the radio on, I generally have a mix of music playing, which normally includes some dance music, love ballads, house music, bubblegum pop music, etc. But every single one of my mixes includes Maroon 5 *drools*
5. Do you use material from your personal life in your writing?
Absolutely! I have written a few fictional pieces, but I find real life resonates more with my readers. And what better to tell, than the truth?
6. Do you worry about judgement from those in your private circle about what you write?
Yes and no. I created my blog as a means to document my thoughts and opinions. I didn’t ask people to follow my blog, however I’m very grateful that they do. I have friends and family members that follow my blog and so far I haven’t pissed anyone off… So far 😉
7. Will you/do you use your own name on what you publish?
I’ve posted a couple of times using either my nickname or full name, however I generally sign off with just my initial, G. But I’ve linked my Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles to my blog, so if I was trying to remain anonymous, I’m failing miserably at it!
8. What time of the day do you like to write the most?
I mostly write during the day, although I must admit that sometimes at night, when the hubby and princess are asleep, I do find myself opening up my laptop, and tapping away at the keyboard.
9. Do you wake up from sleep with ideas? I do – it’s weird.
Yes, but within 2mins of being awake, I’ve forgotten them 😦 My immediate short term memory is awful! (see answer 1 above)
10. What’s your writing goal?
I would like to write my story, and get it published. But as I’m only 27, I think I still have some time to achieve it 😉
Ok, so now I have to think of 10 questions to ask YOU. Hmmm…
1. Where in the world are you?!
2. Have you experienced true joy in life? If so, what from?
3. What is your most embarrassing moment EVER?
4. If you’re having the worst day possible, what onething (or even two or sixteen) gets you through it?
5. Do you believe that puppy kisses are just the best thing ever?!
6. Are you a bath or shower person?
7. Where do you see yourself 4 and 3/4 years time?
8. Do you believe in love at first sight?
9. What social media platforms are you currently on?
10. What is your favourite ‘comfort food’?
Yes yes I know that I’ve just copied the first 10 questions from my Sunshine Award post, but I must admit that I didn’t get great feedback from that post *sniffs*
And technically, I should be working, seeing as it is working hours, and well, I am at work 😉